Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HW#1-ying- A difficult problem in my field- Statistics

Statistics is the Science which of collecting, organizing, presenting, analyzing and interpreting data to make more available decisions. There are a lot of controversy issues in this field, but the basic of these problems is that between the vary and constant. Let me give you a example, when you toss a coin, there are two outcomes, heads and tails, you have no idea what outcome would be next, so the outcome here is variable, but when you toss the coin more than thousands times, the percentages of heads and tails would be constant. That's one of the difficult problems and it is also the basic problems that people in statistics field would deal with.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your essay clearly identifies the key difficult problem in statistics. I can imagine the picture when tossing a coin, I cannot know the final outcome. I will have two possible results: head or tail. That is my view.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very typical example in statistics!
    And I agree with u that this is the basic problem in stat field!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. my... So many people majoring in statistcs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is highly philosophical and symbolic

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,it is a brief and wonderful article.^^

    I can clearly understand the different between vary and constant through this typical example.

    ReplyDelete